St Vincent's, Tain
1945 – When Paul Lippok arrived here there were only 2 Catholics in Tain. He had to cycle to Invergordon or Dingwall for Mass.
From about 1970 Masses were held in Tain either in the Duthac Centre (Town Hall) or St. Andrew’s Church (Episcopal).
Nuns came and lived at 12 St. Vincent Road, Tain, which formed a base for the Parish.
1985 – Canon Malaney managed to acquire a corner plot of land by the A9 and work began on a church.(Foundation stone laid by Bishop Conti.)
23rd September 1986 – The Church was dedicated to St. Vincent and opened by Bishop Conti.
Canon Malaney made the attached accommodation into the Priest’s House. 12 St. Vincent’s Road was sold and the nuns moved into Alness.
The Bell for the Tower at Tain was gifted to the Parish by St. Peter’s Wildeshausen in Germany, because of links with Tain Parishioner, Paul Lippok. It was brought from Bremen to Invergordon on an R.A.F. vessel organised by Parishioner Alain Holgate.
When he retired as a builder at the end of the 1990’s, Paul Lippok entered training and became a Permanent Deacon, serving St. Vincent’s under several Parish Priests – and sometimes NO resident priest at all!